Benefits of Substance Abuse Treatment (SAT)
Substance Abuse Treatment (SAT)
Many Americans today are enjoying the benefits of a sober lifestyle after struggling with a substance abuse disorder. According to a report from the Partnership at Drugfree.org and the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services more than 23 million adults in the U.S. are currently in recovery. These success stories attest to the breakthroughs that are ongoing in the substance abuse treatment arena. They are also a reminder that sustainable sobriety can be a reality for those who are willing to commit to the recovery process.
Unfortunately, studies also show seeking treatment for chronic substance abuse is still seen as a last resort for most people struggling with addiction. Groundless fears and misinformation about the drug and alcohol treatment process often keep some individuals trapped longer than they need to be in the cycles of addiction. But ongoing resistance to specialized care or a decision to self-treat has many pitfalls such as:
- Attempted or completed suicide.
- Developing an irreversible or long-term medical condition.
- Alcohol poisoning or drug overdose at any substance abuse event.
- Risk of a medical crisis or fatal relapse due to severe or unpredictable withdrawal symptoms.
The benefits for those that have been able to reclaim their lives through the substance abuse treatment process include:
- The immediate or gradual halt of drug or alcohol consumption helps to impede the progression of associated medical conditions and remove the risk of a fatal drug overdose.
- Provides medical oversight and professional care to mitigate the pain and address any life-threatening condition that may arise during the drug withdrawal process.
- Identifies and treat underlying mental health issues that may have contributed to substance abuse or could trigger a relapse after recovery.
- Provides relapse prevention education and an after-treatment lifestyle plan. This treatment module is typically designed based on the patient’s personality, habits, genetic predisposition, mental health, family history, living dynamics and social environment.
- Educate patients and their loved ones about drugs, use risks, triggers, the stages of addiction and the most effective ways to support long-term sobriety.
- Provide emotional support to counter negative patterns of behavior and help to restore significant relationships through personalized counseling, group, and family therapy.
- Establishment of support systems to facilitate long-term sobriety maintenance.
A typical reaction from patients enjoying recovery is that they’d forgotten how liberating it was to be drug-free. Still, envisioning the promise of a sober life can be difficult while drug use is habituated, obsessive and compulsive. Another major hindrance to committing to substance abuse treatment is the fear of leaving loved ones for the treatment period which occurs even though chronic drug abuse often put the lives of spouses and children at risk. To address this issue many substance abuse treatment centers, provide programs and services that integrate families at appropriate stages into the recovery process.
The good news is that advancements in technology and today’s substance abuse treatment protocols provide a spectrum of options for anyone that is ready to escape a substance abuse lifestyle.
We at Ebb Tide Treatment Centers believe alcoholics and addicts can and do recover. Recovering from active addiction (Substance use Disorder) does not have to be a long, painful process. With the help of Ebb Tide’s caring and experienced staff, you and your loved ones will learn, and take proven steps necessary to achieve success by maintaining lasting sobriety. The goal of Ebb Tide Treatment Centers is to restore lives and families. With our help, you can regain control of your life from addiction and start living happily again. Your new life is just a phone call away. Call us today at 561-508-8330 or visit us at.
Ebb Tide Treatment Center
3385 Burns Rd #108
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410 Phone:
© Copyright 2018. All Rights Reserved.